Friday, May 18, 2007

Flamboyant Impuse Buy: Mousing Surface

I fell victim to the oldest marketing trick in the book: After being asked to supersize, I accepted. The handy checkout feature at newegg suggested that I look into pairing my habu mouse with a Razer eXactMat with wristpad for 34.99. Its basically a two sided mouse pad; One side is designed to be super slick for quick mouse movement, and the other is designed for precision control. The morning after I felt duped and had second thoughts on following impulse... Look for a report on 5/21 (when the pad is scheduled to arrive) if its worth it. Reviews on the web and newegg seemed to indicate it did improve mousing experience, and helped in both applications like Photoshop, and in games like Counterstirke.

Other Considerations:
None (Ouch!)

Purchase Details:
Vendor Item Page
Manufacturer Item Page
Purchase Date: 5/16
Price: 34.99
Running Tab: 209.97 (Not Including 5.00 MIR)

No comments: