Thursday, May 17, 2007

A Foundation: The Case

Taking full advantage of a newegg weekly deals email, I purchased the Antec 900.

Rumor has it that LED's are out of style for computer cases, but what self respecting geek doesn't want to get flashy with the first build and make it glow? Well, not me! I was debating between several different cases, and planning on doing some pretty heavy research into my choice around the end of May, but impulse got a hold of me first. See the end of the post for the Antec's 900 opposition.

The deciding factors for this case were the top mounted tray & power buttons, the large side window, HDD fans, and the ability to support at least four harddrives (as I play around with the idea of a RAID 1+0 setup).


Other Considerations:
Cooler Master Ammo, Antec P180, Raidmax Smilodon, and Thermaltake Tsunami










Purchase Details:
Vendor Item Page
Manufacturer Item Page
Purchase Date: 5/16
Price: 119.99
Running Tab:119.99